10 May 2013

Melianus Tabuni : "I Hope I Can Speak English Fluently"

LIP - At first, I went to Manado not alone. I arrived Manado, North Sulawesi from Jayapura, Papua with 12 friends. Before I coming, I asked to my self, how can I join and live together with Manado people? Papua people was very different in culture with Manado people. After the plane landing at Samrat Airport, I saw how beautiful Manado city. I'm very interesting with green and clear city after I look Manado city. Then we continue to go Tomohon and it took forty five minutes from airport by luxury tourism bus. In Tomohon, we brought to Mega Mendung resort for several days before move to dormitory at Alamanda. Everyday I with our friends went to school at Lokon High School, not far from Alamanda. It was only ten minutes by car to arrive our school. Alamanda was in Bukit Doa Mahawu. I had been stayed at Alamanda for three month. In Alamanda I felt fresh and very cool air everyday especially in the night. But I enjoyed this condition. Breath fresh air it was good for my healthy not pollution like in city. January 2013, we moved form Alamanda at foot of Mahawu Mountain to Lokon Resting in a foot of Lokon Mountain. Lokon Resting was not far from Mega Mendung Resort. Stay in Lokon Resting, I have a chance to communicate with people in this village. Not only get some communication but I learn about their culture. In the past I was very worrying to meet anyone in different culture. I did not know why. As long as I stayed in Lokon resting I can talk with some peole of Tomohon. I know about their habits and culture. It made me happy because and add special for my experience. Oh ya, I can tell this story because I am one of participants LIP program. In this program (six month) I was prepared by staff to learn some course before I continue to study in German. Papua government supported us to study in Germany University. Monday until Saturday I must go to Lokon High School to learn German and English language etc. In my mind, I said to myself, I must speak German and English fluently. Reading, conversation and writing were the subjects that I learn hardly. Someday I can speak English with others. Support and prya for me!

0 komentar:

Post a Comment